Old April 7th 05, 01:35 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:14:16 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote in :

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:15:08 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Why should I be nice? I -was- nice. We have had civil converstations,
and I even gave him enough info to install the antenna in his attic,
which apparently worked quite well. Then he stuck his finger into the
political lion cage and turned into a sniveling crybaby after getting
scratched.

As for being a general-class amateur, there are literally hundreds of
hammie websites that cover nothing but antennas, not to mention the
ARRL manual. If he's so serious about radio, why beg a CB group for
info on how to install a prefab antenna? J.H.F.C, how did he pass the
exam without knowing a few antenna fundamentals? And if part of the
hobby is to learn about radio comm, why ask a CB group for tech info
when there are countless resources available for hams? Isn't anyone
elmering the kid?

I thought your were elmering him Frank?

He really doesn't need one anyway, he buys his antennas. Even
something as simple as a dipole, or sloper...

Do you have a problem with that? Show me the rules on antenna requirements,
please.

Looks like Vinnie is going to be a General-class appliance operator.