Old April 7th 05, 12:03 AM
Ken Wilson

Jim wrote:
The RX320 is a good receiver but it keeps blowing the front end
transistors. The factory sent me a small bag of FET's and
instructions on swapping them out. This is nice, but they keep
blowing out on a regular basis and am now asking Ten Tec for more
FET's.

I wonder if anyone has come up with a fix for this problem? I even
tried a pair of back to back diodes across the antenna input but they
still seem to blow. Factory came up with a resistor change mod which
seemed to make absolutely no difference.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing same problem and if you came
up with a fix?

Thanks,

wa5dxp

I had that happen to one of the 320's I have owned. It was my fault
however. I forgot to unhook it during a very strong thunderstorm.
Lightning hit 100 ft or so away.

Other wise no problems. I wonder how many thousands of RX320's have been
sold?

73, Ken KG4BIG