Old April 7th 05, 03:50 AM
Tom Holden

"starman" wrote in message
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
The "F" connectors are 75 ohm impedance.

Technically true for VHF and UHF but not that important for MW or HF
reception. I use R6U coax (75-ohm) for my HF antenna lead.

I agree - the supposed impedance mismatch is a non-issue at these
frequencies, connectorised CATV cable is available everywhere and cheap. The
SO-239 is overkill and you want to make sure it is solidly mounted because
it can be easily over-torqued. I wish they had used an F connector on the
DX-394 because the SO-239 on one of mine rotated and fractured the solder
pad on the pcb.

Tom