Old April 7th 05, 05:39 AM
Buzz Chandler

"Haerie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well I am the "sucker" that bought the 2010 on ebay. I'm assuming that
the initiator of this thread is the same gentleman who sent me this
email after the auction:

"$710.00 for a 2010? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Boy I need to sell you some
stuff."

I understand your fascination with the price but as one of the kind
respondents above noted, it's my money and this is American capitalism
at its best. A new 2010 is simply worth that to me. I love this rig.
I've bought three different 2010s on ebay in the last few years and
none have been "as described". I can keep playing that game until I
find a nice one, losing on reselling and shipping each round (I
describe items as they really are), or just bite the bullet and get one
that will keep me happy until my wife auctions it off in an estate sale
after I've gone to the other side of the ionosphere.

To add to your fascination, let me tell you that the set is going right
to Kiwa for a full set of mods as soon as it gets here.

I've owned my 2010 since the October '86 and wish I had bought another one
in 2003 when they were available. I believe I paid $286 from an outfit that
advertised in the back of a camera magazine. I couldn't even guess how many
hours mine has on it...but I'm sure it's in the neighborhood of at least
70,000 hours. I've lost the front end twice because of close lightning
strikes and it had a problem with some cold solder connections from the
factory...but I loved it from the first time I turned it on and feel the
same today.

I don't think I'd pay $710 for one, but if it lasted as long as mine has so
far...the cost works out to about $3.00 a month, and mine is still going
strong.