Old April 7th 05, 07:34 PM
Big Kahuna

Default Suggestion for Interstate radio...

Greets.

I drive across country twice a year in an '02 Toyota Camry. I was
thinking that this time (next month), it might be fun to get a CB for
the trip.

I've been away from radio for ~20 years so I have no clue on current
gear. I don't want an expensive, in-dash installation. But I don't
want a junker portable either. And what's the best solution for an
antenna these days (I know that makes a *huge* difference in
performance)? Roof magnetic? Trunk magnetic? Something else?
Obviously, I'd prefer not to have some rinky-dink thing that plugs into
the cig lighter, runs a wire through a permanently open window to a
badly matched (horrible SWR) magnetic roof mount and gets horrible
reception, etc.

Suggestions appreciated.

de N6OEF