Old April 8th 05, 03:18 AM
Butch

If money is not a problem, I would install a screwdriver antenna. I
have been a County Hunter since the mid 80s and I have used every type
mobile antenna there is I believe from the Hamsticks, the Spider,
Hustlers and the famous Texas Bug Catcher. The Screwdriver is the best
thing that happened for me, convienient and very effective. For me the
bug catcher was the best if I could lleave it on one frequency. With
all the other antennas (except for the spider) you had to stop and get
out of the car to change bands or make big freq. jumps. The spider had
preset stingers for each band but this antenna was even worse than than
the outbacker. I couldn't get rid of either of them fast enough.
Just do a search for screwdriver antennas and you will have a field of
antnnas and installations. Truck installs are much easier than cars.

Butch

wrote:
I'm looking for any suggestions on what type of H.F mobile antenna to
purchase. I want to install this Antenna on a 97 Chevy S-10 Pick-up. I would
like it to cover 80meters through 10 meters. The mount system is what I am
really interested in. Not sure which way to go on this, never have been
mobile with HF before. The pickup is a extended cab by the way. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.