Old April 8th 05, 03:43 AM
bb

Phil Kane wrote:
On 4 Apr 2005 15:38:11 -0700, bb wrote:

Actually, we have six operators qualified for that location, and

we
work in teams of three (county voice net, inter-hospital voice

net,
county-wide packet net) so we'll have plenty of operators.

Now c'mon Phil. I used to write duty schedules, so I know how many
times two teams of three fit into a calendar day. Is this a two-day
ORI?

Not nearly. Our hospitals "play" 8-hour shifts per exercise day,
which works out just nicely. From prior exercises, we find that 4
hours on and four hours off is a no-sweat deal. A lot of it is
sitting around waiting for something to happen. SAC it ain't.

Our portion, we were told last week, was split off into a two-day
state-wide exercise in June. This area doesn't get to play the

full
game until TOPOFF-4 which is a couple of years down the road.

Maybe
by that time "they" will have ironed out the kinks that this year's
exercise revealed.

No problem - we still get plenty of mini-callouts to deal with,

such
as the AMTRAK derailment last Sunday. Our ER didn't know how many
cases would be diverted to us (fortunately the number was zero) so
we were all on standby for two hours.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Decent. You're doing good things.