Old April 7th 05, 11:45 PM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:18:01 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Why are you so dead set against building an antenna?

Actually, I am not. Just not right now. I just want to get on the air, as soon
as possible, hopefully by the end of April. I just got into this hobby, and have
barely been in it a month. Most of it just studying code and Tech books. I
didn't even study for General, but passed it anyway. I failed the extra. I plan
on getting into the hobby full blast, and am interested in QRP. I know little
about that. I kind of like the idea of lower power DX. It will feel like when
you were a kid, talking to a CB station on a toy walkie talkie. I think QRP
require home brews.

But as I said, I just want to get on the air. At least to learn the lingo a bit.
My mind was kind of fried from the studying, so I want actually hands on. Once I
can master that, we'll go the next step.

Vinnie S.