Old April 8th 05, 12:32 AM
jim

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:18:01 GMT, Lancer wrote:

Why are you so dead set against building an antenna?

Actually, I am not. Just not right now. I just want to get on the air, as soon
as possible, hopefully by the end of April. I just got into this hobby, and have
barely been in it a month. Most of it just studying code and Tech books. I
didn't even study for General, but passed it anyway. I failed the extra. I plan
on getting into the hobby full blast, and am interested in QRP. I know little
about that. I kind of like the idea of lower power DX. It will feel like when
you were a kid, talking to a CB station on a toy walkie talkie. I think QRP
require home brews.

But as I said, I just want to get on the air. At least to learn the lingo a bit.
My mind was kind of fried from the studying, so I want actually hands on. Once I
can master that, we'll go the next step.

Vinnie S.

Nothing for nothing Vinnie but if you got your ticket why are you asking
questions concerning amateur matters in the cb forum? Granted there are
some very knowlegable folks here but did you try any other usenet groups?