Old October 15th 03, 12:54 AM
Frank Dresser

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
nk.net...
PERFECT FOR THOSE HARD TO REMOVE COLLINS AND HALLICRAFTERS KNOBS -

COMPLETE

What is an example of a Hallicrafters knob requiring such wrenches? I

don't
recall any problems using ordinary American gauge Allen wrenches. Not that

have worked on that many Hallicrafters . . . but your post makes me

curious.

Regards,

Phil

The setscrew which holds the gear on the TV tuner like turret on my TW-1000
is 4 point Bristol. My SX-99 uses the same size on the small metal knobs on
the front panel. It uses larger 6 point Bristol setscrews on the antenna
trimmer coupler and the dial holddowns. I don't know if they used standard
hex setscrews on other runs. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Frank Dresser