Old October 15th 03, 01:42 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "Gene Storey"
writes:

If the military isn't worried about its HF
assets, why should Hams be worried?

The military tends to run its war game exercises out in the boonies, in the
rural South or unpopulated dry Southwest. (Not counting military branches
that operate out in the oceans, or way up in the sky). The Army can place its
HF fixed stations out in remote areas and get away from noisy power lines.

Also the military, like the commercial interests, is moving more and more to
satellites for long-DX work, and UHF for short haul. I suspect they can both
live quite well with a noisy HF environment in wired areas.

In fact, I doubt anyone will try to take away Ham spectrum in the HF -- the
trend should be for more and more space to open up to international
broadcasters (quite a bit has already in the last decade) and to us Hams. 73,
Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.