Old April 9th 05, 04:20 AM
Howard

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:56:42 GMT, David wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:51:41 -0700, Howard
wrote:

That's great. R8B is a fine rig. Any good catches?
The last one that impressed me was the TIS station at LAX on 530.

Now that's an easy one for me - of course being 6 miles from it helps.
Not been having any luck catching is All India Radio - and I have
tried repeatedly over a couple of years. I must be living in an RF
black hole as folks with similar radio & antenna who are located not
too far away manage to pull this one in.

How far are you from LAX and in what general direction? Have you had
any luck with India??

Howard

I'm about 45 miles from the big Airport, to the North. I used to get
the Mohave National (whatever) TIS station on 530, but now it's just
LAX.

What frequency is AIR on?

I've tried these, listed as oriented toward Asia, have found some
other listings in the past but can't put my finger on them now.
2245 - 2300 9705 9950 11620 11645 13605
Granted they are not oriented (pardon the pun) toward the US but I've
found myself trying several different listings 'cause you never
know......