Old April 9th 05, 09:37 PM
Pete KE9OA

Hi Terry,
I did try to e-mail you directly from work, but you e-mail
bounced, so doing it through the NG sounds good.
Anyway, the Torsional Mode filters are just as good as the disc-wire
filters..........I have been told that they are also more rugged. Exceptions
might be the avionics models that are used in the 651S-1, the PRC-515, etc.

Pete

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been using a JFET source follower with 2K
gate resistor, and 2K source resistor with a Vdd of
~12V.

I will rebuild using your parts values. I am not looking for
crystal or mechanical filter performance, just as much
better then stock as I can get for the time being.

I plan on buying a Inrad 2.1KHZ crystal filter because I
know how good they work.

Ohter then the external capacitors, are the new torsional
mechanical filters better then the older "bathtub" units?

Terry