Old April 11th 05, 01:01 AM
gray-beard

OK, just to answer your question I dusted off my old Sony ICF-SCI and
connected it to an outside antenna. Started searching up from 869.00
mhz. By the time I had gone through the cell band, I heard two
conversations. One in english and one in spanish. The band is dead. I
will keep the old Sony for mil-air and what ever else that my Pro-93
can't get.

GB

Bo Williams wrote:
MnMikew wrote:

"Tommy Of Earth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Can someone recommend a scanner that can pickup cellular,
800 trunked and everything?

Thank You

Good luck.

I'm fairly new to scanners--been listening for about a year--and I'm
even newer to this group. Something that has me befuddled is the
consistent interest in an "unblocked" scanner that can pick up analog
cellular. What's the point? Does ANYONE use one of those phones anymore?

Is it just the inherent "appeal of the forbidden"?

--
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government
has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged