Old April 11th 05, 04:50 AM
Hal Rosser

"John Smith" wrote in message
To all:

It is my understanding that all gov't materials, since paid for by
taxpayers, are non-copyright.
Also, any material before 1923 would have expired copyrights and,
undoubtably, a significant amount of material will have been published
"public domain";

So, you're saying that anyone could republish a book like "Moby Dick"
and sell it as their own since it was published before 1923 ?
I'm no lawyer, but I believe copyright live on. Patents expire.
If you're just wanting to build an antenna that someone else thought of
first
then you just 'do it' - just be careful about patent infringements if you
try to sell those antennas.