Old April 11th 05, 05:17 AM
John Smith

Here is one page on the net, from a university, if you research it, you will
find this page seems accurate. The library of congress page contains info
to this also...
http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm
Indeed, the examples of non-copyrighted works is not complete, there are
other ways a book is/remains un-copyright-ed.
I think I did see Moby Dick as one ebook freely available on the net, and
yes, I believe the copyright has expired on that book...

Regards,
John

--
I would like to point out, I do appreciate the "Been there--done that!"
posts. Indeed, now your observations, comments and discourse should be
"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
. ..

"John Smith" wrote in message
To all:

It is my understanding that all gov't materials, since paid for by
taxpayers, are non-copyright.
Also, any material before 1923 would have expired copyrights and,
undoubtably, a significant amount of material will have been published
"public domain";

So, you're saying that anyone could republish a book like "Moby Dick"
and sell it as their own since it was published before 1923 ?
I'm no lawyer, but I believe copyright live on. Patents expire.
If you're just wanting to build an antenna that someone else thought of
first
then you just 'do it' - just be careful about patent infringements if you
try to sell those antennas.