Old April 11th 05, 04:52 AM
Mike Coslo

cl wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

cl wrote:

My question is, if he knew this guy had a bad reputation, he read many
bad comments - WHY THE HELL did he buy off him? Makes no sense to
me......... If I read a ton of bad messages about someone - there is no
way in hell I'm buying off them, I don't care who they are.

It's Ebay. that's how it works. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

At least for some - anyway! As much as I used to like E-Bay, I'm starting to
get a bad opinion of it with some recent things I've seen in a few places.
The sad part is, though they may not be "the" only game in town, most
respect it as such.

I've had two personal experiences with Ebay. 1 buy, and 1 sell. Both
bad. And a friend's fiancé had her credit card info stolen from Ebay,
and the card was maxed out by the lowlife that stole it. Offshore to
boot - what a mess!

Of course Ebay's stock answer is that she could give the guy negative
feedback!!!!! HAR! The answer to all the world's problems is apparently
negative feedback.

The fatal flaw in their scheme is that they are "not responsible" for
*anything*. I suspect eventually someone is going to do huge fraud on
their site, and then the courts may decide otherwise, regarding
responsibility.

Now its time for the apologists to chime in about how they've *never*
had a problem - thousands of transactions and not been burned once!

But what we are hearing these days suggests that the rosy picture these
sellers paint is not so accurate.......

- Mike KB3EIA -