Old April 11th 05, 02:22 AM
mike maghakian

if only Tecsun had better production quality,,,,now the 800 will never be
the legend it could have been if they were all produced well

even I got a lemon 800, it is in pieces in a closet waiting to be put back
together and sent to Drake. the quality of construction is NOT impressive
!!!!!

I was sold it used and was taken. I had bought several 800's before and this
was the first bad one. I bought this one to experiment with and didn't want
to do too much to my main 800. I had sold my other 800's to friends and they
all love the 800, even my friend with an RX-340

I still have a gem 800 and it is out of this world. wouldn't give it up for
anything, except an RX-340 or R8B

"Jorma DeLuxe" wrote in message

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
the satellit 800 is a better SWL receiver, the R8A is a better
utility/SSB receiver

Got R8B, R8A and Sat 800. With a Wellbrook loop this is decidedly NOT the
case. And I kept my 4th Sat 800 because the others were crap. And the
RX-340 beats them all. All receivers are connected to the antenna with a
RF Systems DA-8.

I still like my Sat 800 though, much better than the Sat 700, Sat 650 FE,
and Sat 210 on SW despite what some claim. But when it comes to SQ the 210
and the 650 rule.

Just my opinion.

Jorma