Old April 11th 05, 05:11 PM
John Smith

Bob:
You are living in the past my friend!
1) It costs nothing to make works available to the gutenberg project.
2) There are other endeavors, such as gutenberg (some colleges request help
in obtaining materials, Virginia is only one)...
3) There are excellent peer-to-peer filesharing networks (Take a look at
Winmx--it guarantees no spyware or malware in the app)
4) IRC allows direct DCC SENDS of data from one chatter to another. (this
begs for someone to set up an amateur chat room anyway--MIRC is an excellent
IRC chat client.)
5) There are free Web Hosting ISP's on which you can host data, files,
etc.--all you need to know is HTML markup language and an FTP client (ask
your kids/grandkids--they can set it up for you--if not, I will give some
assistance.)
6) Ebooks can be emailed and shared.
7) etc., etc., etc.
The only excuse of why not to is ignorance and lazyness...

Regards,
John

--
I would like to point out, I do appreciate the "Been there--done that!"
posts. Indeed, now your observations, comments and discourse should be
"Bob Miller" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:26:40 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

To all:

It is my understanding that all gov't materials, since paid for by
taxpayers, are non-copyright.
Also, any material before 1923 would have expired copyrights and,
undoubtably, a significant amount of material will have been published
"public domain"; so, does anyone have a list of non-copyright materials
pertaining to antennas? Or, any ideas of how to obtain the information on
how to assemble one.
A website of non-copyright materials concerning antennas would be a great
asset to this community...

Regards,
John

I'm not sure I understand your point about copyrights.

Even if a copyright has expired or never existed in the first place,
anyone who gives you a printed piece is going to charge for paper and
ink -- all the manufacturing costs involved in a printed piece.

Or, if you're just looking for web materials, it costs money to put up
a web site. You'll be charged to help defray those costs.

What are you expecting?

bob
k5qwg