Old April 11th 05, 06:09 PM
Michael A. Terrell

RHF wrote:

DF,
.
And the 'original' Question Is (Was) :
" formula for calculating the length of a full-wave antenna wire "
.
"How Do I" ? Calculate the Length of Wire I need to build a Wire
Antenna ?
.
This webpage does a very good job of providing an answer.
- - - How Do I Find the WaveLength of a Frequency ? - - -
.
GoTo= http://www.radiomods.co.nz/radiomath.html
.
IN THEORY - The Numbers Are :
Meters = 300 Divided by Frequency in MHz
Feet = 984 Divided by Frequency in MHz
Inches = 11,811 Divided by Frequency in MHz.

Not "In theory" but in free space.

IN PRACTICE - {The-Real-World} - The Numbers Are :
Meters = 285 Divided by Frequency in MHz
Feet = 936 Divided by Frequency in MHz
Inches = 11,235 Divided by Frequency in MHz.

This is caused by the propagation delay in the conductor the antenna
is made of. In other words, the wire is measurably slower that free
space. This is speced as the "Propagation Delay" and is stated as a
percentage. Look at the data on Coaxial cable for examples.

Other Questions - Asked-and-Answered :
* How do I find the frequency of a wave length ?
* How do I Calculate the Length of Wire I need to build a Wire
Antenna. ?
[ You must use the following Math to Correctly Cut an Antenna. ]
- One {Full} Wave Length (WL)
- Three-Quarter Wave Length (3/4 WL)
- Five-Eighths Wave Length (5/8 WL)
- One-Half Wave Length (1/2 WL)