Old April 12th 05, 02:24 AM
John Smith

I am just in the first stages of investigating this database myself. I am
not positive if I am interpreting the results correctly.
For example, I plugged Terman, Frederick, here is the result:

1. Registration Number: RE-187-468
Title: Electronic and radio engineering. By acFrederick E. Terman.
Edition: 4th ed.
Claimant: Frederick E. Terman (A)
Effective Registration Date: 2Dec83
Original Registration Date: 6Sep55;
Original Registration Number: A203084.
Original Class: A
Claim Limit: NEW MATTER: "revisions and new material."

I am guessing, but this seems to confirm the materials' copyright expired on
12/2/83 and there was no renewal and it now lies in the realm of public
domain--but am looking how to confirm this. I can find no other mention of
this work in the database...
Perhaps others can provide their knowledge/observations?

Regards,
John

--
I would like to point out, I do appreciate the "Been there--done that!"
posts. Indeed, now your observations, comments and discourse should be
"John Smith" wrote in message
If you are wondering about a certain author, work, etc...

Here is the page where you can conduct searches to answer your curiosity
on current copyrights:

http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html

Also, here is the Copyrights' Office page of circulars to answer various
questions:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/

Regards,

John

--
I would like to point out, I do appreciate the "Been there--done that!"
posts. Indeed, now your observations, comments and discourse should be
filled with wisdom--I am listening!!!
"John Smith" wrote in message
To all:

It is my understanding that all gov't materials, since paid for by
taxpayers, are non-copyright.
Also, any material before 1923 would have expired copyrights and,
undoubtably, a significant amount of material will have been published
"public domain"; so, does anyone have a list of non-copyright materials
pertaining to antennas? Or, any ideas of how to obtain the information
on
how to assemble one.
A website of non-copyright materials concerning antennas would be a great
asset to this community...

Regards,
John