Old April 12th 05, 03:39 AM
Brian Denley

dxAce wrote:

Yes, it can come in handy I suppose, but in reality I rarely ever use
sync on either the R8 or R8B I have in service at the present time.

One other thing I've never used on the R8B is the alpha numeric
memory feature. Never even tried it out.

dxAce

Steve:

I works quite well if you have the time to type in the names. I did for
some of the big stations (bbc, RNZI, etc.) and for the time stations. After
that, even tuning through the dial, if you get near one of those alphas, the
name pops right out. A better method ( although I haven't seen it done)
might be if one of these ILG compatible computer control programs would load
the names in automatically............hmmmm.

--
Brian Denley