Old April 12th 05, 03:04 PM
David

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:07:09 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

If you don't think America is under attack by religious fanatics who
want to remake the government according to their ideology, read Bob
Moser's piece in the current issue of Rolling Stone.

Moser profiled the Dominionists, a collection of fundamentalist
Christians who believe in rewriting schoolbooks to emphasize Christian
dominance; packing the courts with judges who are obedient to the Old
Testament; make homosexuality sex a felony; and display the Ten
Commandments in every American courthouse. They also want this pledge,
which they recite at their conferences, to be introduced into schools:

"I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag, and to the Savior for
whose kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen and coming
again, with life and liberty for all who believe."

Sure, this is a fringe group, the farthest-to-the-right wing of the
Evangelical Movement. But why do fringe groups from other cultures,
such as militant Islamists, become the object of our aggression, while
these fanatical and dangerous Christians are tolerated and even
quietly encouraged?

Don't believe that this is a threat? How about this quote from
Oklahoma's Republican Senator Tom Coburn's chief of staff?

"I'm a radical! I'm a real extremist. I don't want to impeach judges.
I want to impale them!"

Get ready for a war.

You'll be among the first apprehended, 'tard boy.

Perhaps you'd prefer to maintain a lower profile.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Is that what you do? Cower when the Country is under siege?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ion=6.0.12.857