Old August 31st 03, 07:28 AM
Ivan H

Default Extending range of wireless motion sensor

I just bought a 400 ft wireless motion sensor and cannot get the
distance I want (big suprise ). Anyway, I have read a lot about
directional antenas as well as cantenna's on newsgroups and websites
when I was researching options for my home wireless network.

What I would like is a directional (beam) type antenna to see if I can
go the full 400+ feet I really need to go. Could a cantenna or
something of simular design work? I'm not an expert at radio or
electronics, but I can follow directions. Any other suggestions would
also be appreciated.

I have one of those 1000ft driveway sensors and could not get the
range. Hooking up the receiver to my old television antenna, which I
don't use anymore due to DISH, worked like a charm. I tried the same
idea and it seemed to work at first with a dipole antenna conntected
to the transmitter, but then stopped and never worked again. Not sure
why. It still works at shorter ranges.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan