Old April 13th 05, 03:58 PM
Bill Crocker

I would go for the BC780XLT, if Mil-Air is your primary interest. I think
it's the best available to the general consumer right now, with that
coverage. It also has Alpha-Tagging, which is a nice feature! Not to
mention, it's much smaller, and has a better build quality.

When the BC898-T was first released, it had a bug in the CTCSS circuit, that
would cause the scanner to lock-up, after about an hour. New firmware is
supposed to resolve this, but I haven't confirmed that it worked. I wasn't
overly impressed with this radio, and sold it after a month.

Bill Crocker

"Frank Bals" wrote in message
Looking for comments on this new scanner. How well does it work on the
military air bands? How does it compare to the 780XLT?

Frank