Old April 13th 05, 07:24 PM
Tony VE6MVP

Default 2m beam antenna with 45 degree coverage?

Folks

I may be spending a significant amount of time in a small village
about 30 miles away from the "big city". I'd like to be able to
participate in the 2m repeaters, I suspect almost all of the
repeaters would be in an arc in a 45 degree angle from that small
town. Thus I'm thinking a beam antenna with a 45 degree coverage
would work well for me. I could then put it in a fixed location
pointing to the big city. It also wouldn't have to be that high up.

Ideally this would also cover 70 cm as well. Do such exist?

Or would a 8' omni directional vertical antenna on the end of the peak
of the house also give me decent coverage for the 30 miles?

Part of this depends of course if the village is on the back side of
some hills which is quite possible.

Tony