Old April 14th 05, 03:03 PM
William E. Sabin

Hello Harold,

The 4th harmonic at 14.317 is 10 dB below the S9 value of -73 dBm when I
point my beam due South. That is a strong interference. I can also hear the
first, second and third harmonics much weaker. The signal is present 24/7.

I just finished talking to the Mediacom Cable TV Co. Tech Service and they
are going to send a technician with some detection gear. They want to get
it fixed because of FCC requirements and also to satisfy the customer.

Defective cables is a common problem that the Cable TV and Wideband Internet
Companies are interested in.

Mediacom Co. here has been a pretty good company to deal with. My Wideband
Cable Internet connection has also been very good.

Bill W0IYH

"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message

Is anyone else hearing the harmonics of 3.5795 ?

Bill W0IYH

Bill, I have a little TV set on a different desk in the shack here, maybe
10-12 feet from the radio. With it on, I still can't hear the 4th harmonic
above an "S-0" with the rig on the yagi. If I go to the inverted L, (L
matching network tuned to 40 meters) it comes up a little bit to perhaps a
"S-1".
That represents a level of somewhere around -120 dBm. Maybe less than that
remembering the bandwidth I'm using. Apparently my neighbor is still
asleep, I do NOT hear the signal to the NorthEast that I had yesterday. It
BTW, was no stronger than this one in the shack today.

My homebrew Txcvr is a hamband only, so I can't listen to the other
harmonics, but even the fundamental at 3579 is only an S-3 on the inverted
(Voltage fed 1/2 wave on 160) with the matching network on 80 meters. That
must be some TV set you're listening to. I remember your article on your
antenna, but don't remember, are you by any chance using open wire line?

Regards
W4ZCB