Old April 14th 05, 03:32 PM
Harold E. Johnson

I just finished talking to the Mediacom Cable TV Co. Tech Service and they
are going to send a technician with some detection gear. They want to get
it fixed because of FCC requirements and also to satisfy the customer.

Defective cables is a common problem that the Cable TV and Wideband

Internet
Companies are interested in.

Mediacom Co. here has been a pretty good company to deal with. My Wideband
Cable Internet connection has also been very good.

Yes, so good that I'd cancel them for their outages if it were not so
impressive when it IS working. Never thought that they might be sending the
color burst frequency down the cable as well as the programming. I've ALWAYS
disliked TV programming so much (other than a few exceptions) that I've
refused to study the technology. When one of mine breaks it's either to the
dump or to some repair shop.

Wish you well in getting rid of it. At 14.307, I'd get a nosebleed if I got
that high in the band. At 3579, I don't do that mode anymore. (Ernie ALWAYS
said, "If God had meant for man to talk with his fingers, She would have put
lips on them")

Regards
W4ZCB