Old April 14th 05, 01:51 PM
Ron Hardin

Brian Hill wrote:
Hi Ron. Sounds like you may have some stray RF in your shack. Also try
running its power independent from that of your radio?

No, in fact the last test was trying to filter audio from an outdoor microphone,
with no RF involved; which is the place that the Am-com version of the thing
really shines, knocking down wind and traffic tire noise, leaving birds or
interesting night sounds perfectly clear.

What it's suffering from is probably a ground loop through its own power source,
as to feedback.

I have _every_ JPS filter (thanks eBay), Timewave 599zx, MFJ 784B, and three
Am-com ClearSpeech filters, and all work fine on the same power supply. This
thing just has some really terrible engineering of some kind. I know that the
algorithm is great thanks to Am-com's version.

The box is dated April 2005, in case someday they get a working version. I won't
be buying another until I see a lot of positive reviews first, however.
--
Ron Hardin