Old April 14th 05, 08:15 PM

So you see my concern about having a 1KW RF source in proximity to all
the
other antennas. Any other kilowatters out there with some experience or
advice to share?

I've wondered the same, and have in fact heard of people
frying the front ends of radios from that...But I think it depends
on the radio, the difference in freq's, etc...I've had two meter
rigs hooked to ground planes, and yagis, that are on the same
mast as my dipoles, and I never had any trouble...But thats not
to say someone else could have a problem. The earlier IC -706's
had an issue with trace burning, or something along those lines,
from the RF from one band, causing a problem through the other
side of the radio. "HF". I think it was the VHF melting the HF trace,
but not sure...But they fixed it on later models...I *think* mine is
one
of the later "fixed" ones...I've never had that problem..Anyway, if
it really made me nervous, I'd unhook the other radio. I did that
sometimes, when I was really browning the food on HF. Even if in
a semi null, the FS is going to be high, at that short distance. MK