Old April 14th 05, 06:46 PM

I own a small shirtpocket size Westinghouse AM/FM/Shortwave Radio.About
six years ago,I was listening to it and I laid it down on my couch and I
went to my kitchen.When I got up,it slid off my couch and hit the
hardwood floor.I think it landed on the on/off/volume control knob when
it hit the floor.I removed the chassis from the cabinet and I looked at
it.It looks to me like from the shaft (the knob fits on) on back like a
sort of a little cube shaped affair and quite a few solder connections
where the "cube" was soldered to the radio's circuit board.I know how to
solder but such close quarters as that situation is,I don't think I can
solder it back together properly.I wouldn't mind snail mailing the radio
via UPS to somebody to see if it is worthwhile trying to repair the
radio.Of course,when it hit the floor,it might have damaged something
else too and it might not be worth fooling with.I would be glad to pay
what it's worth to have the radio repaired and shipping and handling
charges both ways.I think it is a nice little radio.Or it used to be
untill it got broken anyway.I know it's around here somewhere if I can
ever find it again.My old house is incredibly full of junk,it's like
some of those horror movies y'all see on tv.The radio is in a bag
because I didn't put the chassis back in the cabinet.
cuhulin