Old April 15th 05, 10:11 AM
Ron Hardin

mike maghakian wrote:

it seems that there is an issue that some people faced with this speaker but
most are very happy with it. perhaps you need to look into this further and
get back to us before you smear the reputation of a possibly nice
speaker.......

see this: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4772

It's not an RF problem so ferrite beads won't help. I get feedback on pure audio.
My guess is an output peak drags down the power jack voltge and that's seen by the
encoder as an input, ie. a ground loop with the power cord as the common element.

I've installed it in three different places and it didn't work except slightly in any
of them, and produced feedback in one of them.

It is of course possible that there's some place it might work, owing to a convergence
of favorable circumstances, and that fraction of users may be happy with it; or it may
be that I have a defective unit, who knows. My symptoms though seem to match what others
are saying.

No doubt if I had built it lovingly myself I'd be more investigative, and perhaps rip it
apart and put a capacitor here or there and try it again; but it's supposed to work for the
average guy when he plugs in an input and an output, like every other DSP filter on the
market.

There's supposed to be some way to get the bracket off, it says in the comments. That would
be nice to know as well. Mine arrived without instructions except for a letter of
praise for the unit from KD5XB and WA9UKW feedback problem. The helpfulness this
shows is good, and who can put down the inclination, but the thing is supposed to work
on its own.

I suspect too that just fiddling with the thing will cure the feedback problem; as I say,
two of the three places I tried it didn't produce feedback, though the unit didn't work
as expected in any of them. The feedback just says, in addition, ``as you see, I am
poorly engineered.''
--
Ron Hardin