Old April 15th 05, 08:19 PM
John Smith

Because it is dependent on any "lumped" inductive or capacitive reactances
present... chuck a coil or capacitance (reactance) in the structure of the
antenna, then replot with a field strength meter...

Regards,
John

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
How does a mismatch affect the radiation pattern?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"John Smith" wrote in message
news
I could be mistaken, however, I think the radiation patten (and receive
patten) would, at least, be slightly affected by a mis-match... whether
this would justify going to extreme means of correction is debatable...

Regards,
John

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
m...
I need a sanity check. I fellow told me he was getting a balun to get a
better match between his receiver and antenna to get a better signal to
noise ratio. I told him he was wasting his time and money because a
better match increases transfer of both signal and noise. But since he
already can hear the signal he doesn't need any more. Now if he was to
get a more directional antenna he would get a reduction in noise from the
undesired direction.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR