Old October 20th 03, 05:31 AM
Phil Nelson

For a radio that I intend to use regularly, I follow the credo, "kill 'em
all, let God sort them out." Why would you take a chance that a decades-old
electrolytic will survive for another hour, day, or week? You can replace it
as fast as you can test it, and if you guess wrong, it may cost you an
expensive power transformer. For the price of a few lattes or a couple of
beers, you can afford to put new electrolytics in your boatanchor and sleep
soundly :-)

If you want everything to look original, you can stuff new capacitors inside
the old containers. See the article at http://antiqueradio.org/recap.htm .

Happy listening.

Phil Nelson
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html