Old April 16th 05, 04:11 PM
John Smith

Maybe I have a misunderstanding. I see a "mismatch" as being caused by only
two factors, either an uncompensated reactance--or, as Cecil mentioned,
feeding a bal/unbal antenna with the wrong feedline.
Indeed, any feedline can simply be analyzed as a series of lumped
reactances--inductive and capactitive.
How should I be viewing this?

Regards,
John

wrote in message
oups.com...
How does a mismatch affect the radiation pattern?
tnx .....

It doesn't. I don't consider unbalanced, the same as mismatched,
to answer Cecils question. Feedline radiation can effect the
pattern due to a lack of balun, etc, but thats not the same thing as an
impedance mismatch. Also...Antenna "loading" is not the same as
antenna "matching". Many short verticals need both...
MK