Old April 16th 05, 07:06 PM
John Smith

huh? If you have an impedance mismatch, you are NOT feeding the antenna at
the proper point, or with the proper ohm line, or without a proper matching
circuit! Either one of these will exhibit some type of reactance!
OR! OMG! My "knowledge"/thinking is in error!
????

Regards,
John
wrote in message
ups.com...
No. Feeder radiation has *nothing* to do with impedance
matching. Zero. Nada...Zilch. Ever!...You can have a perfect
1:1 match, and still have feedline radiation. Or you can have
a horrible impedance mismatch, and have very little feeder
radiation. Feeder unbalance, lack of baluns, chokes, etc, etc,
should never be confused with impedance matching. I don't
think the term "mismatch" should be applied to a lack of balance,
etc...If you tell me you have a mismatch, I'll always assume you
mean impedance. Anyway, no matter my views...
Impedance mismatch will never change the pattern of the antenna.
For practical purposes, it's the same as raising or lowering power
to the antenna. If you run 50 more watts to an antenna, it's pattern
does not change. Ditto, if you run 50 less...MK