Old April 17th 05, 06:08 AM
Merle F. McClelland

In article ,
"Richard" wrote:

Anyone know anything about KATL?

I don't think this station exists anymore does it?

I've got someone's card: King H. Robinson - General Manager. Seems that in
the 1940's (year of this card I think) the station was located in State
National Bulding. TIA.

I did a search on Google, and there is a "State National Building" in
Houston, Texas, and in the 1940s there was a radio station there with
call letters KATL. I couldn't find any information about what call
letters the Houston station known as KATL has now (those letters are
currently used by a station in Miles City, Montana), or if the station
even exists anymore.

Here's a Rockabilly history page that mentions KATL and Houston in the
40s:

http://www.rockabillyhall.com/SRAB.html

and here's a picture of the State National Building in Houston:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...ing.php?ID=208

Hope this helps!

- Merle