Old October 21st 03, 05:49 AM
--exray--

Mike Knudsen wrote:

Nope, you make sense. Maybe not so much demand in the Ham BA world, but over
on radio+phono you'll find purists who want caps to stuff. The problem is,
they already have the original old caps in the radio they're restoring, so they
don't need yours.

Not always...thats why I need more. Often times the original caps have
already been hacked out or are in too terrible a condition for restuffing.
I try to keep some made up ahead of time and where a set like a Zenith
or Philco uses brand specific ones I like to replace with the same. I
considered stuff-n-sell but it really is a time consuming task. I'd
feel stupid trying to sell them at what they are worth dollar-wise in
time...and of course anyone can do their own for free if they really care!

But -- some enterprising retiree may want to stockpile pre-stuffed restored
caps and sell them to other restorers, ready for insertion in the radio. If
so, he'd want yours for starters to build up inventory. Ultimately, he'd take
the old ones in exchange, but meanwhile he needs extras.

Hopefully he'd pay enough to cover the postage :-) --Mike K.

I beg for these things! And of course always pay postage!

-Bill