Old April 17th 05, 10:18 PM
Fred W4JLE

The physical height is fine for a ground mounted vertical. With the DX
engineering kit you can put down a bunch of radials.

I was always too poor for all those nifty things. I normally use the lid off
of a 55 gallon drum.:)

"Michael Melland, W9WIS" wrote in message
Hi Fred,

Yes.... sorry for not being more specific, radius. I can go out farther

but
then it's up in my yard where I mow pretty low. The 5BTV is ~24 feet
tall.... I have heard this formula for radials before.... but, is it

really
meant actual "physical" height of the radiator and traps or is it really
meant to be the theoretical electrical length (height) of the radiator ?

And... I got the antenna and mounting/radial system from DX Engineering.

Mike, W9WIS