Old April 18th 05, 02:11 AM
Ken Bessler

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .

CoolEdit always references with 0 as the maximum signal level; i.e.,
32768/-32767 are max for 16 bit recordings. This viewing mode is selected
with View - Vertical Scale Format - Sample Values. You may also select
Decibels, Normalized Values, etc.

I have CoolEdit 2000. Is yours a newer one since the company was bought
out?

When you did the level check, how was that done? Did you select
Analyze - Statistics and run it against a marked area in the recording
for an average? If so, how long was the average? Did you run a filter
first to isolate the signal from the "noise"? Or did you run the FFT
function?

tom
K0TAR

I have 2.1 and I'm still learning. I didn't do a level check
- I was only wanting to compare 2 antennas, not establish
an actuall DBv reference.

Ken KG0WX