Old April 18th 05, 04:05 AM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

A loss is a loss is a loss, 'tard boy. You can portray it any which way you
want.

Your loss, unfortunately is not my gain. But I hope you are content with your
loss. Remember though, those losses are additive.

Continue to try DX'ing.

dxAce

A signal loss isn't a concern if you can still receive the signal
clearly and have any gain left, at all. Why do you think your radio has
AGC and or manual gain control along with a volume control? How often
is the gain wide open on your receiver? Do you even know how to find
out?

If you want to add gain before or after the splitter a tuned preamp
is a better choice than a wideband amp if there is any strong RF in your
area. On the other hand Mini circuits monolithic rf amps are decent and
cheap if you know how to lay out a circuit board, or have a pile of
surplus boards built to take them.

Tell me, how do you cure an overload when a rocket is launched near
the tracking station, yet allow you to track the bird as the signal
rapidly drops in signal strength? We had to solve this for the Italian
movement's space program. when we built their turnkey receiving systems.

Tell me why almost every receiver has more than one attenuator built
in if loss is the end all of receiving a signal. BTW, a crystal radio
with an audio amp doesn't count.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell