Old April 18th 05, 06:51 AM
Michael A. Terrell

cl wrote:

Speaking of keyboards, that is a perfect example. MANY who are online now -
otherwise would never know how to type. BUT to own a computer and/or get
online, they "had" to learn - OR - at least they're in the process of
learning. It becomes "automatic" after so many hours of use. Same with
code.... All it takes is the application of it. Sure, just in computers,
many may not become proficient in computer programming, etc (just like not
"wanting" to use the code), but they're still learning at some point along
the way.

cl

I have used computers for over 20 years and I still can't touch
type. I wanted to take a typing class in high school bout "Boys"
weren't allowed to take the class back in the '60s at my high school. I
have to look at the keyboard while i type with two fingers. Carpal
tunnel and nerve damage in my wrists doesn't help the situation either.

I was interested in Amateur Radio back in the late '60s but quickly
lost interest in HF. I wanted to work 144, 432 and up, where code
wasn't used so I went into broadcast and CATV engineering, followed by
working for a company that manufactured microwave telemetry equipment.
I discovered I had more fun making equipment work than using it. Now
I'm 100% disabled and I plan to spend some time restoring the old
Amateur Radio receivers in my small collection.

My current project is a National NC183R. I may use it to listen to
some international broadcasts, but I'll probably sell it after I'm done
working on it. I lose interest in most equipment after I have it
working properly.
--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell