Old April 18th 05, 03:01 PM
John Franklin

The last verticle I had up was a 4BTV. I mounted it on top of a
chain link fence. I bonded the top rail to the mount pole and bonded the
link fence part as well. The top rail was at least 40 feet either side of
where the verticle was mounted. I got out like GANG BUSTERS! Usually people
who complain about verticles not radiating well are the ones who don't work
them against a good ground reference. 17 years as a broadcast engineer put
me onto good grounds....

73,
WB7FFI

"Michael Melland, W9WIS" wrote in message
I moved in December and was hoping to install a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV
vertical at my new place. I had hoped to lay down a good set of radials
under the vertical for better efficiency then the GAP Titan I had
previously.

Mike, W9WIS