Old April 18th 05, 03:15 PM
David Stinson

Albert & Btittany Spear wrote:

Were you trying to run a net with a BC348 as your primary receiver??

The I.F. is as wide as a gorge! When the band is hot I could never use 348
without the 'Q5er.'

I understand, but the whole point was to operate the special
event with as close to an actual, authentic 8th Airforce
WWII heavy bomber radio station as possible.
Otherwise, it would just be a contact with a typical 1950s ham rig.
So we announced on the net, on QRZ.COM, in QST
and on the DX reflectors, what we were doing and asked for help.
Most people did what they could to help-out and they were a godsend.
Even with QRM from the few bad apples,
I think we did pretty well.
73 Dave S.