Old April 18th 05, 10:22 PM

From: "Michael A. Terrell" on Mon,Apr 18 2005 6:00 am

cl wrote:

The local ham club is looking for people to take classes with "Now
Your Talking" rather than try to find people with any electronics
background. I offered to help maintain their club equipment but they
brushed me off because I don't have a ham ticket. I still have a

half
way decent RF bench, but nothing compared to the $1,000,000 plus

benches
of test equipment I had at Microdyne.

I never had any formal electronics training, yet I ws a broadcast
engineer, and a engineering tech for some products at Microdyne. I
learned it because I wanted to. I went to work part time in a TV shop

at
13 after school and on Saturdays. When I was drafted I was tested to
prove I didn't know electronics but it backfired. I not only passed

the
MOS test for Broadcast Engineer at Ft Knox, I was told I had received
the highest score on record for the test. These are some of the

reasons
for my sig file. :-)

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Michael, be warned that you can now expect all sorts of
"hate mail" in public in response to what you've written.
:-)

Trust me on that if you haven't seen others' received
flak. :-)

Still a professional electron pusher (and long-time
electronics hobbyist) but one doesn't do it during
regular office hours. :-)