Old April 18th 05, 10:31 PM
K4YZ

From: "cl" on Sun,Apr 17 2005 11:33 pm

Eh - I had the code down in 2 weeks for the Novice exam. AND I'm now

an
Extra. Been licensed since the early 80s.
Yeah, I probably could have learned it in under a week, if I pushed

myself.
Most anyone will tell you - it isn't good to do such.

Sorry, according to many in here you have to approach it as
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN YOUR LIFE!!!

Actually, Lennie, YOU are the only one making that assertion.

Back to the timing
thing, I
hope someone from the military can step in to tell us how much time

they
were given to get the code down. I think they had to "Cram".

"Caveat," I was in the military, the United States Army,
voluntary enlistment beginning 13 March 1953. Went from
Basic to Signal School at Fort Monmouth, NJ. Amount of
Signal School time spent on morse code? ZERO! NO class,
NO "cramming."

I guess it was too much to ask you to actually comment on
something you KNOW about, is it, Lennie...?!?!

HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE snip of usual Lennie reliving his youth by
recounting his "good ole Army days..."...But still without really
answering the original correspondant's questions...

Pro or con, it is a matter of time. May be a year, may be 5, but it

will
come to pass.

Absolutely. But...that will be the END of the ARS
(Archaic Radiotelegraphy Society).

retired (from regular hours) electronic engineer person

Retired from what he alledges to have been an engineering
career...

Now full time newsgroup insulting.

Steve, K4YZ