Old April 19th 05, 04:21 AM
running dogg

Tony Meloche wrote:

running dogg wrote:

(snip)

Hi fi headphones are designed for use on stereo
equipment which means that they will have inadequate response for SW.

Did you mean that as you wrote it, RD? If so, you have me confused.
"Mono phones designed for SW listening will have inadequate response
for Hi-Fi listening" would make more sense, that's the only reason I ask.

Ok, maybe not "response" in the way Li was talking about it. But I do
know that if you try and use stereo headphones on a mono only radio, or
mono phones on a stereo radio, that you will get all sorts of weird
results, such as only one of the sides working. For example, I tried
plugging in walkman phones to a RS mono FM radio, and only one side
worked.