Old April 19th 05, 06:42 AM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

It took a while to find the URL, but I think many here will find the
techniques shown to be very usefull.
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/roll...own_bryant.pdf

And while we are at it here is another usefull URL: making hi-Z to
lo-Z transformers members.aol.com/DXerCapeCod/z_transformers.pdf

It doesn't have to be a transformer. It could be just three resistors
in a T or delta configuration.

You might be wondering why three resistors make up a splitter. The idea
is that looking into any port of the splitter (signal connection) is
supposed to look like 50 ohms with source and loads of 50 ohms on all
ports. If you do a few calculations you will find a 16 to 17 ohm
resistor (for all three) is about right for the T type.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California