Old April 19th 05, 03:56 PM
dxAce

Beautiful but impoverished.

I was born in eastern KY in teh early 50's and
my parents moved to Lexington whne I was
3 months old. We own the old family "homestead",
but it would be hard to scratch out a living there.

I do like eastern KY for the scenery and the DXing
locations.

Crystal meth and oxycodone have hit the mountain folk hard.
At times it feels like everyone left is either a speed freak
or oxy adict.

I think that crystal meth stuff is going pretty good in the county just south of
me here (Allegan). It's a bit more rural down there and they do some busts from
time to time. Also hear about folks getting caught stealing whatever fertilizer
they need to make the stuff?

dxAce
Michigan
USA