Old April 19th 05, 05:28 PM
Dale Parfitt

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:36:24 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
I seem to recall that the wider bandwidth of the folded dipole

configuration
is attributable to the effective larger diameter conductor- probably

easily
offset by using a larger wire diameter in a classic wire dipole.

Dale W4OP

The dipole wire would have to be a half-inch in diameter for plain old
TV Twinlead. A T2FD is an example of a widebanded folded dipole.

I did the modeling David, and your 1/2" value is pretty darned close to the
mark- about a 6% increase in BW which is not trivial.

Dale W4OP